The deadline for nominations for the Stewart Dow Memorial Award has been extended to 17:00 on Friday 18th September. This award was created by Stewart’s colleagues and friends in the hydrogen industry, together with his family, following his tragic passing from COVID-19 in April 2020. Nominations are open to individuals or groups who have either;
- developed practical solutions or an innovative product;
- been successful in commercialising fuel cells in new applications; or have brought people together in a collaborative way.
The award, supported by BOC, is membership to both the UK HFCA and SHFCA for the 2020/21 period. The winner will be announced at the SHFCA conference on 15th October 2020.
Nominations from individuals or groups in academia or businesses of any size who have been working in or impacted UK fuel cell sector in the UK or Ireland are welcome. Self-nominations are welcome too. Submissions for the Stewart Dow Memorial Award require the following:
- Contact details: name(s) and contact details (email & phone) for the award nominee
- Outline what has been achieved: this should show how the nominee has developed practical solutions or an innovative product, has been successful in commercialising fuel cells in new applications, or has brought people together in a collaborative way. This should be a maximum of 500 words
- Referee: please also provide contact details (email & phone) for a referee who has agreed to verify or provide additional insights into what has been achieved by the nominee.
Please send the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Stewart Dow Memorial Award Submission’ in the message header, and for any clarification or questions about the Award please contact email@example.com with ‘Stewart Dow Memorial Award Enquiry’ in the message header.