Address: Technical Fibre Products Ltd, Burneside Mills, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6PZ
Social media handles:
- LinkedIn – linkedin.com/company/technical-fibre-products-ltd
Description: Technical Fibre Products Ltd (TFP) is a leading global manufacturer of technical nonwovens. Our advanced materials provide solutions for challenging applications in fuel cells, aerospace, defence, composites and wind energy, to name but a few.
TFP has been developing and optimising material for fuel cell gas diffusion layers (GDLs) since 1988, working alongside some of the leading companies in the industry. This long-term commitment to fuel cell development and growth has facilitated a comprehensive understanding of the necessary material characteristics to achieve a high performance GDL substrate.
In January 2021 we expanded our product portfolio for hydrogen technologies with the acquisition of TFP Hydrogen Products (formerly PV3 Technologies Ltd) a specialist in materials for electrochemical technologies. TFP Hydrogen Products develops and manufactures high performance catalyst powders for use in fuel cells and electrolysis, as well as PEM water electrolyser materials which improve system efficiency and durability, reducing the cost of generating green hydrogen as a fuel source.
Products and/or services:
TFP manufacture a range of carbon nonwovens specifically developed for use as a substrate for a fuel cell Gas Diffusion Layer (GDL). This forms the basis of both the anode and cathode, and is responsible for water management, the transport of reactants, electricity and heat, as well as providing structural support to the fuel cell assembly.
Notable achievements to date:
- TFP have developed and supplied substrates for phosphoric acid fuel cells since 1988.
- TFP were part of a joint development programme in developing GDL for PEM fuel cells from 1990-2007.
- A pilot plant dedicated to the development of fuel cell substrates was installed in 2004.
- In 2019 more than 50% of the world’s GDL supply was based on TFP materials.
- TFP acquired TFP Hydrogen Products Ltd (formerly PV3 Technologies) in January 2021, the company specialises in electrochemical materials including coatings for water electrolysers and catalysts for fuel cells and electrolysis.
For more information, please contact: Adam Black, Business Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org